Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bifocals...

Benjamin Franklin invented the bifocal LOOOONNNNGGGG before the PC was invented. I am sure that had Mr. Franklin KNOWN the PC was coming he would have created bifocals that did not make you feel like one of those bouncing dogs people put in the back windows of their cars. I ALSO believe he would have created a lens that did not distort the screen we must look at while reading/writing, AND he would have created a lens that pinpointed printing errors like little laser beams so you would never miss typos or scripos.

I thought I had made ALL the corrections to the scripos from transferring my story from MS Word here to my blog, but my bifocals did not laser beam ALL the errors and it seems I missed one. What I learned from rechecking my story, is that the scripos are where apostrophes should go. (Good thing I didn't write using all those fancy curlicues, and color changes that are available on MS Word.)

Bifocals are a regrettable sign that we are aging, as are creaky knees, chest muscles that try and valiantly ALMOST succeed in KISSING those self-same creaky knees, hair that turns intriguing shades of gunmetal gray, snowy white, a slushy-side-of-the-road yuck. Another sign of aging...Well I went to Walmart today to pick up a few things AND the prescription my doctor felt important enough to call in for me last night. I REMEMBERED the few things!

I know, I know some of you are saying that I COULD dye my hair back to its striking blonde, pre-old-age hues, but I figure I have earned the right to show the signs of a life well led...but I will ALWAYS wish for SMART bifocals...And a little birdie to sit on my shoulder and whisper in my ear GET YOUR MEDS!!! There's NEVER a trusty parrot around when you need one! :>)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Off the topic of bifocals, I just want to tell you I love you Mom. Have a great day.

P.S. If the word verification words get any longer, I WILL need bifocals.